Thursday, December 11, 2008

THE MYSTERIOUS 2 AM PHONE CALL

Cell phones - you either love them or hate them or maybe even a little of both. Last night around 2:00 am, I awoke all of a sudden to hear something that sounded like music playing. I finally awoke enough to realize that it was my cell phone that was ringing and it was plugged in on the counter in the kitchen. I stumbled out of bed and went into the kitchen to pick it up and see who in the heck was calling at this hour of the morning. I thought that it had to be my son and I started to get worried that something was wrong, otherwise why would he be calling me. Right? Well I picked up the phone and saw that the person actually calling me was my daughter, Hallie, who was supposed to be asleep in her bedroom. I answered the phone as I was walking into her bedroom to see what was going on. No one replied and so I hung up and proceeded to enter her room. As I approached her bed, my phone rang again and so I just shut it off. She had fallen asleep while texting and her phone was open and she was laying on it and it continued to call me over and over!!! I was kind of mad for being woken up at 2:00 am, but all I really could do was laugh!!! I took the phone and put it on the floor so she wouldn't continue to call me. I wonder who else she had called or maybe I was just the lucky one!!! When she woke up in the morning she didn't remember anything that had happened! She got a really good laugh as well! What would we do without the modern convenience of CELL PHONES or teenage daughters who should be sleeping but just can't put down that phone!!!!!

1 comment:

b. said...

That's hilarious!