Thursday, January 15, 2009

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT OUR CHILDREN?


I was trying to think what to blog about and I decided to do a tribute to my son, Holden. What do I do with him and what would I do without him!? For those of you who don't know, he lives in Provo in an apartment with 2 other friends and what a life they live! Wow - when he left home he really explored his freedom like none other and now I think he is realizing the consequences of his actions and is really trying to settle down a bit. At least I can say that he is working and trying to pay his bills the best he can! He doesn't always make the best of choices and is having a rough time right now making those right choices, but we love him dearly!!!! It is hard living 5 hours away from him and trying to help him when I can because it is just not that easy to jump in the car and go! Long story short - he is an awesome young man and has many good qualities and we really support him and appreciate all of you who have supported him through no matter what and have looked past some of those not so desirable qualities. (We all have them!!!) I really don't know why I decided to write about him today - probably because I am missing him terribly and I know that he is missing us terribly! WE LOVE YOU HOLDEN!!!

2 comments:

chapman family said...

Hey-your father-in-law shared your blog with my mom who shared it with me I am Roberts cousin Wendy - so I have been enjoying your blog and getting a glance into one of my favorite cousins life. It sounds as though we are going through some of the same things with our kids so I share your thoughts. This was our first Christmas without our daughter and due to some choices she has made sometimes it is hard to like her but I will always love her.

Jeanne Johnson said...

Hey Wendy - I do remember who you are and thank you for your nice comments. What would we do without our children?!!!!